Who is Whittemore Sherrill?
Whittemore Sherrill selects exceptional leather hides from around the world, crafting fine, American-made furniture to customers’ exact specifications in its North Carolina facility. Using eight-way, hand-tied frames, the company has created a reputation for precision and stirring artistry.
Since 1945, Whittemore Sherrill has set the standard for home décor, engineering durability and style, making a true statement in the world of leather upholstery. With techniques passed through generations, the company boasts a team of artisans who bring leather furniture into deep, sensual reality.
Whittemore Sherrill at Green Front
Explore sofas, sectionals, loveseats, recliners, motion swivel chairs and ottomans in styles from modern to classic, cosmopolitan to country. For any lifestyle, there’s a Whittemore Sherrill option that will complete the look and feel of a room. Each piece is specially designed to have a lived-in, historied appeal, thoughtfully rendered from top to bottom, including:
- High-resiliency foam cushions.
- Finishes selected to highlight wood’s natural grain.
- A range of nailhead trim options in vintage, brass, platinum and more.
- Fabric, leather or combination pillows.
- Contrast stitching for welts and/or seams and hand-tufted details.
Why Choose Whittemore Sherrill?
With reinforced frames, hand-assembly, and rigorous tailoring standards, Whittemore Sherrill has secured a place in the hearts and minds of even the most discerning furniture mavens. Whittemore Sherrill follows strict construction methods for all couches and other leather-upholstered furniture:
- Hardwood frames: Merging modern processes with traditional, hand-assembly techniques produces heirloom-quality construction. From kiln-dried hardwood to double dowels, each component of the frame adds to its longevity and stability.
- Eight-way, hand-tied spring system: This time-tested system for comfort utilizes solid interlace web bottoms and springs that differ in height and gauge. Each coil is tied by hand in eight varying directions for support.
- Filling: Materials include a combination of urethane foam, polyester fibers and cotton felt. Layering cotton and polyester batting delineates the soft curves and sophisticated silhouette for which Whittemore Sherrill is known.
- Upholstery: Assembled and sewn by skilled artisans, each leather hide is custom cut to highlight distinctive features and ensure exacting standards. From pleating to nailhead trim, all design elements are hand tailored.
Explore Whittemore Sherrill at Green Front.