The MT Company, a new combination of Michael Thomas and Miles Talbott and others, has a team of craftspeople with over 2,400 combined years of experience building solid, time-tested furniture. Based in High Point, North Carolina, the MT Company is a detail-oriented upholstery connoisseur.
The MT Company always remembers that making furniture is about people – their tastes and their needs. Its experts are focused on meeting customer challenges every day, while providing insight-driven service.
The MT Company is governed by three ironclad principles:
- Creating world-class materials to bring customers’ style to life
- Providing a well-rounded range of options
- Using skilled artisans seasoned in hand craft
The wisdom of tradition, the soul of creativity, and the insight of generations allow The MT Company to deliver superlative, custom-built upholstered furniture. The company proudly claims that there are, “no other manufacturers of primarily eight-way hand tied foundations who offer as much quality, variety, and customized service…”
These are strong pieces that will complement and heighten personal style. The collection offers leather swivel chairs with nailhead trims, armless bar stools with brass kick plates, dramatic chaises with dressmaker skirting, and convenient sleeper sofas with Irish turned legs.
From beginning to end, detailed construction is a driving force, with:
- Superior eight-way hand-tied springs
- Fabrics cut by hand, one piece at a time, with over 1,200 in stock
- Detailed upholstery featuring fully lined skirts, crisp welts, and matched patterns
- Hand-cut cushions for perfect fit
- Meticulously sanded exposed wood pieces
- Aniline dyed, drum dyed, corrected, and buffed leathers
- Stringent inspections, looking for pattern matching, deep pleats, crisp welts, and more
- Expert padding and packing to ensure arrival in original condition
Possessed by perfection, The MT Company continues to build each piece one at a time. Its unfaltering manufacturing processes have resulted in a legacy of lasting beauty.
The MT Company provides a canvas upon which customers can express their sense of style. Using the finest fabrics, trims, finishes, and decorative pillows, shoppers can arrive at a true work of art.
Designs by The MT Company can be found at Green Front Farmville in Building #10.