Who is Charleston Forge?
Based in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina, Charleston Forge is proud of its commitment to making tough, beautiful furniture that is as appealing as it is rugged. Founders Susan and Art Barber bring handcrafted, American-made pieces to retailers across the country by employing local artisans. Charleston Forge allows you to select from a wide variety of custom options, including finishes, leathers and fabrics, designing a one-of-a-kind piece that will grace your home for years to come. As Charleston Forge explains, “Our furniture is beautiful, but it is designed to be used — not pampered.”
Charleston Forge at Green Front
Charleston Forge features styles that range from transitional to modern to industrial. In collaboration with Jarrett Bay Homes, the company has designed a coastal collection inspired by nautical and maritime elements. From solid wood and forged steel coffee tables to side tables, sideboards and buffets, Charleston Forge offers customers options for their dining areas and living rooms.
Why Choose Charleston Forge?
Quality craftsmanship: Charleston Forge’s high-end steel and wood furniture is 100% made in America. A team of artisans, including woodsmiths, forgers, welders and painters, create each piece of furniture by hand.
Customization: With a variety of wood and metal finishes, designer leathers and fabrics, Charleston Forge allows you to customize your piece from top to bottom.
Sustainability: Charleston Forge acts as a steward for the environment.
- Furnishings are created using recycled steel. All scrap metal is recycled.
- Powder-coat painting is durable and colorfast. Because it contains no solvents, it is more environmentally friendly than other painting processes.
- Appalachian-sourced wood has a growth rate of 2.9 trees for every tree harvested.
- Custom-cut packaging reduces waste.
- 90% of suppliers live within a 100-mile radius of the Charleston Forge factory, reducing the carbon footprint of transporting materials.
Explore Charleston Forge at Green Front.