Who is Canal Dover?
A family-owned and -operated company launched in 1989, Canal Dover Furniture builds heirloom-quality wooden furniture in the heart of the Ohio valley. Founded by a local cabinetmaker, Canal Dover understands the importance of artisanship. All pieces are bench crafted — built by hand, one at a time, by experienced Mennonite and Amish craftsmen. Canal Dover includes custom design options so that every item of furniture is made to your exact specifications — from wood selection to style to finish.
Canal Dover at Green Front
From Mission-style to traditional to Craftsman-style to farmhouse designs, Canal Dover offers a variety of American-made furniture — all with the highest quality materials and construction. Choose the look that best fits your lifestyle and enjoy functional, durable elegance. Discover bedroom sets, from Shaker-inspired beds with clean, simple lines to more unique bed frames with signature inlays. Dining options include bar stools, sideboards, buffets and, of course, tables in a range of shapes and sizes. Canal Dover even offers expandable tables that transform with ease to fit your needs.
Why Choose Canal Dover?
Using a combination of hand tools and the latest woodworking technology, Canal Dover offers:
- High-quality American hardwoods, including maple, walnut, cherry, oak and more.
- Functional construction with strong joints, tight fittings and first-rate hardware.
- State-of-the-art, hand-applied finishes — from simple stains to multi-step processes with curated color options.
- Sophisticated details — from upholstered headboards with nailhead trim to felt-bottomed jewelry drawers tucked in dressers.
- The most advanced customization possible in the market today.
- Furniture that is exclusively made in America.
Explore Canal Dover at Green Front!